I know that there aren’t a lot of recipes on here, so it seems silly to have a second meatloaf recipe, but we really, really like meatloaf at the Mox house. And, more importantly, I didn’t want to forget how to do this one, which was ad-libbed with ingredients on hand.
- 2 lbs. ground beef (grass-fed, please!)
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs OR crushed whole-wheat Ritz crackers (I used 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs ground yellow mustard (Coleman’s)
- 1 tbs Hungarian paprika
- 1-2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1-2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs Worcestershire
- 1/2 to 1 tbs Crystal hot sauce
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients very well in bowl. On a greased 9 x 13 pan, shape meat mixture into loaf shape. Dust with additional salt and pepper. Cook for 1 hour.
- Mix ingredients for glaze, remove meatloaf from oven, and coat loaf with glaze. Cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and Kristine’s green beans!