So for some reason, we just started drinking fancy drinks on Friday nights. Last week was mojitos, and this week we had a request for re-runs. After exploring many different options, we’ve settled on this house recipe:
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 oz)
- 4 – 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 2 oz light rum
- 2 oz club soda
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Bruise mint leaves and drop in the bottom of a Collins glass.
- Squeeze in lime juice and add agave nectar.
- Add a splash of the club soda and muddle to combine.
- Fill glass 3/4 with crushed ice.
- Add rum, then club soda.
- Splash with bitters and stir combine well.
- Top with additional crushed ice, as needed.
- Garnish with lime wedge and mint sprig.