We eat this kale about once or twice a week. It’s a great side dish with almost any meat dish (I recommend pork loin) and is especially great with salmon. The flavor marries really well with sweet potatoes. Try it as part of a “country dinner,” with baked sweet potatoes, black eyed peas, and cornbread!
- 1 bunch fresh kale, chopped
- 2 to 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, to taste
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Chop kale into bite-sized pieces (discard most of stalks); wash and drain in colander
- Heat wok to med-high to high heat; heat 1/2 of oil
- Add kale to pan in batches, letting it cook down a bit. Be sure to salt vigorously and stir. Drizzle on remaining olive oil as needed
- When whole batch of kale has cooked down to half of original volume (about 3 to 5 minutes), mix in garlic and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes
- Mix in red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and black pepper to taste. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes!