Since Kristine has started working (and everyone is back to school), we’ve been running short on “real” dinners. This one is part of a series of quick, fresh meals that we’ve actually had the foresight to plan!
- 12 oz. farfalle pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups 1/2-inch pieces of peeled butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 5.2 oz package of Boursin Shallot & Chive cheese spread
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- Cook pasta as directed in lightly salted water
- While pasta cooks, heat milk, squash, and sage in a medium saucepan until simmering. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until squash is tender. Add a ladle or two of the pasta water to modify the consistency, as needed.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in Boursin cheese mixture until well blended.
- Drain pasta well and return to pot; add squash and sauce and toss to coat.
Serve with garlic toast and a field green salad.
Beer pairing: Bitburger or any crisp Pilsner.